COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
“Personal Information” is any information or a combination of pieces of information that can reasonably permit you to be identified, or that can reasonably be linked to you. Information that is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer reasonably associated with an identified or identifiable natural person is not Personal Information and may be used for any business purpose. Personal Information collected by Enghouse may include the following:
• Name, gender, date of birth
• Contact details for Your work and personal details, such as IP address, email address, postal address and/or telephone number
• Your role, position and/or job title within Your employment
We collect Personal Information about you from a variety of sources. We collect information from you directly (e.g., when you contact Us), automatically, (e.g., data collected via cookies and similar technologies when you use the Enghouse Services), and from other sources, including commercially available sources, such as public databases (where permitted by law). We collect, process and use Your Personal Information by using a range of different means which include whenever you:
• interact with the Enghouse Services or otherwise use them to access Our products and services;
• order products and services from Us;
• use the Enghouse Services to contact Us for customer support;
• register for a whitepaper, case study, webcast, newsletter, or other download;
• register to attend a seminar or participate in an online survey;
• ask to be included in an email, newsletter or mailing list;
• submit an entry for a promotion;
• submit, review and follow up on applications for employment positions at Enghouse; or
• submit Your Personal Information to Us for any other reason.
You may complete an optional customer registration profile, which may include Your name, gender, birth date, contact phone number and any additional optional information you choose to provide.
We may also collect information you provide in Your communications to Us, such as when you respond to polls or surveys, or contact Us with a question, comment, or request. You may choose to provide Us with certain information when you fill out a form, submit a request to Us respond to a survey or participate in promotions or contests.
Categories of information We collect
The information We collect via the methods described above includes:
• Identifiers: For example, Your name, email address, , phone numbers, username, IP address, and online identifiers.
• Online activities: For example, browsing and search history; interactions with web or other digital content; whether you open, interact with, or forward Our electronic communications; and how you interact with advertisements offered by Us or third parties.
• Inferences: As noted above, We may use the information We collect to identify Your potential preferences.
HOW WE MAY USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Enghouse may use Personal Information for the following purposes, under the legal base(s) claimed for such use:
• Personalize Your experience on the website;
• Helping to develop and improve Our software, products and services;
• Detecting fraudulent activities more efficiently;
• Internal audits and data analysis;
• Respond to Your enquiries and fulfil Your requests, for example reply to a comment or question;
• Keep you updated with information about Our products and services;
• Provide you with updates, news and announcements concerning Our products and/or promotions;
• Send you marketing materials where you have consented to receive them.
Enghouse may automatically collect certain information and store it in log files and such information may consist of IP (Internet Protocol) addresses, date and time stamp of access, language, referring page, log-in details, and other data. We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Log Files will also help Us ensure security.
Operating the Enghouse Services
We use Personal Information to identify whether products and services are available in Your region. We use information to provide and improve the Enghouse Services, identify and troubleshoot errors, and analyze the Enghouse Services.
Improving the Enghouse Services
We analyze information about how you use the Enghouse Services to provide an improved experience for all users.
Communicating with you
We may use Your Personal Information to communicate with you, for example if We are providing information about changes to the terms and conditions, to issue security alerts or reminders, or if you contact Us with questions.
We may use Your Personal Information to learn about the interests of Ourtarget audiences and place you into particular marketing segments and to appropriately personalize the marketing messages We send to you. We may also use Your identifiers to send you marketing communications about the EnghouseServices and other products or services that may be of interest to you, subject to any consent that may be required under applicable law. This may include information regarding services and offers associated with (i) Our affiliates (within the Enghouse Group) and (ii) Our reseller partners (collectively, “third party business partners”). We will not require you to consent to receive marketing as a condition of receiving the EnghouseServices, and you may withdraw any consent you have provided at any time.
Personalized Advertising and Re-marketing Enghouse uses Personal Information to:
• serve you with targeted advertising that may interest you, based on Your device activity and inferred interests;
• measure the effectiveness of targeted advertising, and
• understand the usage of Our Services.
Exercising Our rights
We may use Your Personal Information to exercise or protect Our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect, prevent and respond to fraud claims intellectual property infringement claims or violations of law or Our terms and conditions to respond to requests from law enforcement or other third parties, and to secure the Enghouse Services.
Complying with Our obligations
We may process Your Personal Information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, where this is required by law, such as in response to court orders or to comply with privacy or financial regulations.
Customizing Your experience
When you use the Enghouse Services, We may use Your Personal Information to improve Your experience, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements and providing you with content based on Your interests.
Protecting against harm
We may use Personal Information as necessary to protect the rights and safety of Us, You, or others.
HOW WE MAY SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT WITH OTHERS
We may disclose certain Personal Information with Our service providers, business partners or affiliates, or by selling it to third parties where such sales are compliant with applicable law. As used in this Policy, the “sale” of Personal Information refers to sharing Your Personal Information with a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration, subject to any exceptions under applicable law.We may share Personal Information with advertisers, digital advertising companies, and other entities that support digital advertising activities. These third parties may have rights to use the information noted below for their own purposes, which is why We treat such a disclosure as a sale, even though no money changes hands.
The disclose of certain Personal Information with Our service providers may include:
• Identifiers: e.g. Your name, email address, postal address, username, IP address, and online identifiers.
• Online activities: e.g. interactions with web or other digital content; whether you open, interact with, or forward Our electronic communications; and how you interact with advertisements offered by Us or third parties.
Personal Information We disclose
To support Our business purposes, We disclose Your Personal Information to service providers and business partners who are data processors. We disclose Your Personal Information with Our service providers that perform business services and/or operations on Our behalf or under Our instructions. For example, We may partner with other companies to optimize Enghouse Services, perform analytics, send Our newsletters white papers and marketing emails, support email and messaging services, administer Our promotions, provide targeted advertising services as a processor to Enghouse, and provide contests and surveys. Some of Our service providers or business partners may engage their own service providers or business partners to further assist Us. Unless otherwise specified, We require these companies to use Personal Information only for the purposes described in this Policy. We may share Your Personal Information (such as, email address, first and last name) within the Enghouse Group companies (affiliates and subsidiaries). All these Enghouse entities are governed by this Policy and bound by appropriate confidentiality agreements.
Legal and regulatory requirements
We may share the information We collect, including any Personal Information. We reserve the right to disclose any Personal Information We have about you with law enforcement or to otherwise comply with any statutory or regulatory requirement or the order of a court or other public authority agency, regulator, government authority or other third party if We determine it is necessary to comply with a requirement, or to protect or defend Our rights or the rights of a third party.
We may transfer Your Personal Information to Enghouse Group entities and service providers located outside of Your home country, including to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for the purposes described in the subsections above (“How We may share the personal information We collect with others”). Your Personal Information may need to be processed in countries where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in Your home country. Please note that we may be transferring Your Personal Information to other countries where We have active third-party business partners or service providers who may be data processors.
Legal basis for processing Your Personal Information if you are in the EEA
If you use the Enghouse Services in the EEA, We must have a legal basis to process Your Personal Information for the purposes above, including data received from social media platforms, data received from other sources used for statistics or. There are different legal bases that We rely on to use Your Personal Information, namely:
• Executing a contract: The use of Your Personal Information may be necessary to contact you concerning the administration and operation of the Enghouse Services.
• Consent: We will rely on Your given consent (please note You may withdraw Your consent at any time by following an unsubscribe link in any marketing communication you receive from Us) to use
o technical information; and
o Your Personal Information for marketing and advertising purposes.
• Legitimate interests: We may use Your Personal Information for Our legitimate interests to improve Our products and services. These improvements are dependent on analyzing (for example) how you use the Services, the success rate(s) of any promotion or event, transactional data and customer interactions. We will also use Your Personal Information for security purposes, and to share information with Our affiliates for internal administration based on legitimate interest.
• Legal obligation and public interest: Where compelled by applicable law, We may also have a legal obligation to collect Your Personal Information or may otherwise need Your Personal Information to protect Your vital interests or those of another person.
Your choices and Your rights over Your Personal Information
To review, correct, update, erase, object or otherwise limit Our use of Your Personal Information that has been provided to Us, or request portability or other rights you may have in your jurisdiction, and/or details of Your Personal Information held by Us, please contact Us using the contact information listed below in the ‘Contact Us’ section and describe Your request clearly.
If you are visiting an Enghouse website from the EEA or any other jurisdiction with laws similar to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may have certain rights, in accordance with applicable domestic law and limitations, including:
• Right to restrict Our use of Your Personal Information;
• Right to rectify the Personal Information We hold about you;
• Right to access Personal Information: Users exercising this right may request access to the categories and specific pieces of their Personal Information We hold;
• Right to data portability: Users exercising this right may receive their Personal Information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party;
• Right to object to Our use of Your Personal Information;
• Right to disclosure: Users exercising this right can receive additional information regarding the sources from which We collect information, the purposes for which We collect and share Personal Information, the information of theirs We hold, and the categories of parties with whom We share their information;
Additional Rights of California, USA resident
• Right to opt-out of sales: You may register Your opt-out (Do Not Sell My Personal Information) by(a) or (b) clicking on the link located in the footer at the bottom of each web page.
• Right to know about processing of Personal Information: If you reside in California, USA, you may request that We inform you of the categories of Personal Information We have collected about you; the categories of sources from which We collected the information; Our purpose for collecting or selling the information; and the categories of third parties with which We share personal information.
• Right to learn about certain disclosures: If you reside in California, USA and have provided Your personally identifiable information to Us, you may request information once per calendar year about Our disclosures of certain categories of Your personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to Us in writing at the following email address: [email protected]; and
• Right to be free from discrimination: California residents may freely exercise these rights without fear of being denied goods or services. We may, however, provide a different level of service or charge a different rate reasonably relating to the value of Your data.
You may in some cases have the option to decline providing Us information. However, Your choice to not provide information may impact Your use of certain features or services. You may also have other rights in relation to Your Personal Information under local law. In the event you reside in such a jurisdiction and would like to exercise one of Your rights, please contact Us at [email protected]. Please note that We may require additional information from you to honor Your request, and We may decline Your request as permitted under applicable law. If contacting Us does not resolve Your complaint, you may have the right to make a complaint to Your data protection authority (if one exists in Your country).
Third party Websites
Enghouse will retain any Personal Information it collects for as long as We have a relationship with you. After that time, We will only retain Your Personal Information if We are required to do so to comply with local law, or if there are outstanding claims or complaints that will reasonably require Your Personal Information to be retained. We may also anonymize and aggregate the data and retain the data in that form for analytical purposes.
Enghouse will use reasonable and appropriate technical, administrative and physical safeguards designed to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk to the Personal Information We collect. We evaluate these safeguards on an ongoing basis to help minimize risks from new security threats as they become known. However, no information system can be 100% secure. Moreover, We are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to Us over networks that We do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks. It is Your responsibility to make sure that Your Personal Information is accurate, and We encourage you to ensure that Your password is unique, secure and not shared with third parties.
In case you interact with Enghouse via social media networks such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and any other similar types of social media, you agree that Enghouse may collect information from You. While We shall collect the information accordingly with the social media’s policy and requirements, We may use such information for reasons such as the improvement of Our Services to the You and to other users, to inform You of Our Product suite and offers, and to contact You. You can choose to opt-out at any time.
Do Not Track Signals
Children and Privacy
This website does not target and is not intended to attract children under the age of thirteen (13). Enghouse does not knowingly solicit Personal Information from children who are not at least 16 years old, nor does Enghouse send them requests for Personal Information. If a parent or guardian believes that Enghouse has in its database the Personal Information of a child under the age of 16, please contact Us at [email protected] and We will remove the information from Our records.
Changes in the Policy
This web site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third-party sites. We encourage Our users to be aware when they leave Our site and to read the privacy statements of those sites.
How to Contact Us
If you would like to contact us in relation to this Policy or in connection to the Personal Information we may collect or process about you, please contact us at [email protected] or Luiza Bartholomei, Data Protection Officer at [email protected] or;
Enghouse Systems Limited
80 Tiverton Court, Suite 800